2 Weeks Plastering ( City & Guilds )
Plastering Course description
This intensive course is perfect for learning plastering skills and gaining an insight into the plastering industry with a view to undertaking your own small projects. This course covers rendering, beading, bonding coats, plaster-boarding, tape jointing, dot and dabbing and lots of plastering practice. You will gain good knowledge of all plastering stages and this will provide you with the ability and confidence to tackle small 6 m² plastering jobs on your own.
Who is this for?
Suitable for beginners, no previous experience needed.
- Health and safety
- Introduction to tools
- Hawk and trowel demo and practice
- Preparation of backgrounds prior to render
- Application of render
- Render wall – practice of double coating forehand and backhand techniques.
- Finish wall to scratch coat
- Level and float wall
- Introduction to beading
- Introduction to bonding coats
- Beading (cutting and setting)
- Plasterboard walls (dot and dab)
- Tape joints
- Dry lining
- Skim walls using multi-finish
- Skim walls
- Plastering reveals (internal and external)
- Plasterboard ceilings
- Tape joints
- Plaster walls and ceiling
- Skim ceiling
- Dot and dab walls with electrical sockets
- Patch repair
- Introduction to roughcasting wet and dry dashing (optional)
This course is an excellent introduction to plastering. If you want to learn more and enter the plastering trade we recommend our comprehensive 6 week Diploma course which covers all aspects of plastering and includes on site experience with a qualified plasterer. The 2 week course would also be suitable if you intend to work for an experienced plasterer and have the opportunity to hone your skills and advance to larger areas/projects.
City & Guilds 6219 Construction Skills
This course can also be taken without the certificate, see below for costs.
Other information and costs
On completion of the course you have the option of completing the Diploma course.
Business start up training is optional on all of our courses – our experienced tutors will guide you on all aspects of establishing and running your business.
Without qualification £1150
With qualification £1295
- Lectures 1
- Examinations 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 4
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self