1 Week Plastering
This short yet intensive course is perfect for learning basic introductory plastering skills and gaining an insight into the plastering industry with a view to undertaking your own small projects. The course covers rendering, beading, plaster-boarding and skimming.
Who is this for?
Perfect for beginners or as a refresher course.
- Health and safety
- Introduction to tools
- Introduction to Materials
- Hawk and trowel demo and practice
- Preparation of backgrounds prior to render
- Application of render
- Rendering wall – practice of double coating with forehand and backhand techniques.
- Finishing wall to scratch coat
- Level and float wall
- Plasterboarding walls and ceiling
- Tape joints
- Introduction to beading
- Bead around window
- Skim walls and ceiling using multi-finish
This course is a short introduction to plastering and perfect for learning some basic techniques or as a refresher course. If you want to learn more and enter the plastering trade we recommend our comprehensive 6 week Diploma course which covers all aspects of plastering and includes on site experience with a qualified plasterer.
Other information and costs
On completion of the course you have the option of completing a longer course.
- Lectures 1
- Examinations 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 4
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self