2 Weeks Plastering ( City & Guilds )
An intensive course that is perfect for learning plastering skills and gaining an insight into the plastering industry with a view to working as a Plasterer. This course covers rendering, beading, bonding coats, plaster-boarding, tape jointing, dot and dabbing and lots of plastering. You will gain good knowledge of all of the plastering stages required and this will provide you with the ability and confidence to tackle plastering jobs on your own.
Who is this for?
Suitable for beginners, no previous experience needed.
- Health and safety
- Introduction to tools
- Hawk and trowel demo and practice
- Preparation of backgrounds prior to render
- Application of render
- Render wall with practice of double coating fore hand and back hand techniques.
- Finish wall to scratch coat
- Level and float wall
- Introduction to beading
- Introduction to bonding coats
- Beading (cutting and setting)
- Plasterboard walls (dot and dab)
- Tape joints
- Dry lining
- Skim walls using multi finish
- Skim walls
- Step by step from task >preparation >completion of bonding and finishing to cover textured and uneven backgrounds and leave a smooth surface for painting
- Plastering reveals (internal and external)
- Plasterboard ceilings
- Tape joints
- Plaster walls and ceiling
- Skim ceiling
- Introduction to Patch repair
- Dot and dab walls with electrical sockets.
- Introduction to roughcasting wet and dry dashing.
- Remove sockets, repair holes tape joints and skim walls and ceilings.
- Patch repair
Student choice – a chance for you to revisit anything you have learned
City & Guilds 6219 Construction Skills
This course can also be taken without the certificate, see below for costs.
Other information and costs
Business start up training is optional on all of our courses – our experienced tutors will guide you on all aspects of establishing and running your business.
Without qualification £1100
With qualification £1250
- Lectures 1
- Examinations 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self